An exciting opportunity for a Workshop Controller has become available at Europe’s largest Volkswagen dealers, West London Volkswagen.
Outline of the role
Plans and co-ordinates Workshop activity to meet customer requirements and maximise Workshop utilisation and profitability.
To assume a productive role (complete MPI’s and repairs) where and when required as agreed with the General Manager.
To manage Technicians and to work closely with the General Manager to achieve quality and customer care objectives.
- To qualify the Workshop requirements
- To talk and listen to all members of the Workshop team to gain an understanding of the repair requirements and motivate technicians to achieve high quality workmanship
- To control the flow of work through the workshop in a correct manner to ensure repairs are completed by the date and time given to the customer
- To report any additional damage found once a vehicle has been inspected ensuring that all technicians complete the appropriate reports
- To complete MPI’s, service and repairs to the manufacturer standard when required and agreed with the General Manager.
- To use the brand special tools where required and to perform workmanship at the highest possible standard
- To ensure a customer’s vehicle has all the required protection used inside or on the vehicle during the repair process (i.e. seat covers to the front seats, floor mats etc
- To ensure customer vehicle condition report sheets are completed and millage recorded
- Schedule work to meet customer requirements, taking into account workshop utilisation targets, and job complexity and parts/materials availability
- Acts on opportunities to sell additional products/services and market current promotions wherever possible
- To actively look for cost control of products, usage and time
- To co-ordinate Workshop activity to deliver agreed work
- To liaises with Aftersales to order parts. Notify customer upon arrival to allow work to be scheduled and minimise parts stockholdings (WIP)
- To print job cards with time estimates, detailing any special requirements and distribute to the workshop – briefing technicians where appropriate
- To co-ordinate the valeting of the customers vehicle and any work to be sublet
- To update customer database to maintain accurate records of work carried out
- To identify any potential warranty claims as per manufacturer's requirements
- Managing key KPI’s within the business productivity, utilisation, efficiency, idle time and others as required to achieve productivity goals set by the General Manager.
- Managing stock purchases, usage, and allocation
- To hold daily production meetings with General Manager, parts controller.
- To hold daily production meetings with productives highlighting expected production levels
- To update the General Manager on workshop progress, agreeing any additional spend and managing customer expectations re costs and timings
- To carry out final checks
- To comply with VQM Standards
- To work with colleagues and other teams across Citygate to provide a seamless service
- To manage the current workshop loading system to maximise both workshop throughputs and technicians utilisation
- Maintain the quality focus of the workshop and the first time fix rate.
- To undertake performance reviews and identify training needs
- To keep up to date with technical information and to communicate relevant information to the team
- To continually work to improve customer care standards
- To monitor and manage work in progress
- To attend meetings and training sessions